Welcome to the Bloodhound project.
Bloodhound is a file downloading utility that showcases best pratices for writing a multi-threaded windows application.
Developed by: Shailen Sukul Please click on the Releases folder to get the source code and the setup file.
If you would like to volunteer, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgYou can read the introductory article at http://www.shailen.sukul.org/2011/02/multi-threaded-file-downloader.html
Bloodhound is a file downloading utility that addresses the following requirements:
- point to a web page and filter URLs on it. For example, *.doc should give me a collection of URLs that have .doc at the end of the link.
From the list of available files, I should be able to select the files I want to download.
- download my selected files simultaneously.
- nominate the number of simultaneous threads for download.
- cancel a download at any point in time.
- informs the download status of each selected file.
- does not re-download files that I have downloaded before.
I have been receiving a lot of suggestions from people that have found this utility useful. Therefore, I have decided to make the code open source. Hope you will find it useful.
Written By: Shailen Sukulhttp://www.sukul.org