Welcome to the Bloodhound project.
Bloodhound is a file downloading utility that showcases best pratices for writing a multi-threaded windows application.
Developed by: Shailen Sukul
Please click on the Releases folder to get the source code and the setup file.
If you would like to volunteer, contact me at
You can read the introductory article at
Bloodhound is a file downloading utility that addresses the following requirements:
- point to a web page and filter URLs on it. For example, *.doc should give me a collection of URLs that have .doc at the end of the link.
From the list of available files, I should be able to select the files I want to download.
- download my selected files simultaneously.
- nominate the number of simultaneous threads for download.
- cancel a download at any point in time.
- informs the download status of each selected file.
- does not re-download files that I have downloaded before.
I have been receiving a lot of suggestions from people that have found this utility useful. Therefore, I have decided to make the code open source. Hope you will find it useful.
Written By: Shailen Sukul